It’s Summer time, and while we may not be traveling, let’s make the most of it with our plants.
It is deep Summer and your plant’s (and you) might need more water!
REASONS TO INCREASE WATER
As the days get longer and hotter, plants will receive more sun and water will evaporate easier. Plants are ready for a time of growth so increasing watering can help them thrive.
We suggest moistening houseplant soil evenly, once per week. Make sure to watch for signs of overwatering (yellow leaves) and signs of thirst (limpness). All of our houseplants are super hardy so a little over or under watering will not be a problem, just be careful not to overcompensate.
CACTI + SUCCULENTS
While we suggest holding off on watering in the winter months, during warmer months you only have to increase watering to once a month:
- Extra Large Planter (e.g. Lulo Cactus): 1 cup water
- Large Planter (e.g. Lorenzo): 2 TBS water
- Medium Planter: (e.g. Gilbert) 1 TBS of water
- Small Planter (e.g. Olive Cactus): 1-2 tsp water
- Mini Planter (e.g. Lino): 1/4 tsp water from wet hand or dropper
Micro minis are extra small and can only fit a few drops of water into their planters. We recommend watering them twice a month during warm months.
- Micro Mini: 3 drops from wet hand or dropper every two weeks.
General Summer Watering Tips:
Our absorbent planters and soil are designed to hold the exact amount of water each plant needs and to expel any extra water. You can find these planters, soils, and hardy plants we grow here: